Become a tutor/mentor and make a meaningful difference in a young person’s life.
Donor Communications Manager,
Fourth Presbyterian Church
Manage strategic donor communications to advance Fourth Church’s fundraising efforts
The Donor Communications Manager is responsible for the development, coordination, and execution of strategic communications directed to donors and prospective donors of Fourth Presbyterian Church. The Donor Communications Manager will collaborate with the Director of Development, development, and communications staff of Fourth Presbyterian Church and Chicago Lights, as well as clergy and program staff across the organization. The Donor Communications Manager will ensure strategic donor communications efforts advance Fourth Church’s fundraising efforts in alignment with the organization’s broader strategic goals.
- Set goals and determine communication activities that will engage donors and prospective donors and demonstrate impact.
- Create, manage, and update a communications calendar that supports annual fundraising goals and initiatives.
- Work closely with the Fourth Presbyterian Church Director of Communications to integrate donor-focused messages into regular communications efforts, including but not limited to the Fourth Presbyterian Church bulletin, weekly e-news, and social media as well as to ensure that regularly updated and accurate information related to giving appear on appropriate portions of the Fourth Church website.
- Develop design concept, create, write, and manage production of all print materials and electronic communications including e-newsletters, solicitation letters, brochures, campaign materials, etc.
- Stay familiar with the programs of Fourth Church and Chicago Lights. Actively seek program updates and develop relationships with internal staff/constituents.
- Oversee the production of the monthly e-newsletter: generate themes and story ideas, manage the schedule, provide assignment to freelance writer/editor, and edit content prior to leadership review.
- Collaborate with key staff to generate themes, story ideas, donor profiles, etc.
- Analyze activity to provide insight into efforts and ROI.
- Contract with internal or external designers and printers as necessary, managing the project and related budget lines.
- Provide updates to acknowledgement letters ensuring that they convey gratitude and programmatic information to further cultivate donor relationships.
- Serve as project manager and producer for creation of video as needed.
- Monitor consistent use of approved branding style/elements in all communications.
- Serve as a resource to the Fourth Church Stewardship and Giving Council and other volunteer committees as needed.
- Report regularly to key stakeholders on progress and project status.
- Other duties as assigned or as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a major in marketing, communications, or English
- 3-5 years work experience, with a background in communications, marketing, or public relations preferred; experience in fundraising or a nonprofit setting is a plus
- Excellent writing, editing, organizational, conceptual, and creative skills
- Experience and comfort working in complex, multi-layered organizations preferred
- Outstanding project management skills with proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously with demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work at a fast pace
- Strong ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as part of a team
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience with Constant Contact (or other web-based email system), web editing tools, and Publisher or other design software highly desired
- Desire and aptitude for working within a faith-based and multicultural environment
Full time, 40 hours per week
Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
This is a full-time salaried position with a robust benefits package:
- Medical insurance (church pays 85% of employee monthly premium and 75% of eligible dependents)
- Optional dental and vision insurance plans
- Generous PTO plus eleven holidays
- 403b retirement plan (employer contributions after one year of employment)
- FSA for unreimbursed medical and dependent daycare expenses
- Mass transit and commuter parking benefits
- Life and short-term disability insurances, optional life insurance and long-term disability plan
Fourth Presbyterian Church and Chicago Lights are committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons, without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status or familial status, veteran status, military status, source of income, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law.