Become a Chicago Lights Tutor and do life-changing work!
Connect. Volunteer. Network. Give Back.
The Chicago Lights Associates Board is a group of committed young adults across various industries who support the work of Chicago Lights and raise awareness throughout Chicago by engaging in volunteering, networking, and fundraising.
1. Be informed about Chicago Lights’ mission and programs, serving as a Chicago Lights ambassador in the community.
2. Attend monthly Associates Board meetings.
3. Serve on a committee, helping to develop, plan, and carry out events.
4. Participate as a volunteer for Chicago Lights.
5. Attend and participate in Associates Board events.
6. Contribute financially to Chicago Lights.
Each year Chicago Lights provides hope and opportunity to 4,000 of our city’s children, youth, and adults who face the challenges of poverty.
Associates Board members are required to volunteer throughout the year. Our members volunteer through the Associates Board’s organized events or on their own.
Be a weekly or substitute tutor/mentor for a student living in an under-resourced neighborhood.
Volunteer at the Chicago Lights Urban Farm, which provides employment opportunities and access to fresh, local produce.
We prepare meals and deliver them on Michigan Avenue to people experiencing homelessness.
HOLIDAY CARD MAKING
Every holiday season, we make cards that are distributed to guests in our Social Service Center.
Want to learn more?
Request a membership application by contacting Executive Programs Director Alex Cornwell at 312.981.3565 or firstname.lastname@example.org.