Black lives matter to Chicago Lights.
Video and Audio Production Manager
Lead and support audio and video production at Fourth Presbyterian Church, the second largest Presbyterian church in the U.S.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Video and Audio Production Manager provides leadership, support, and oversight to all audio and video productions in order to help conceptualize, direct, capture, produce, and edit engaging video/livestream to connect people to Fourth Church, Chicago Lights, and affiliates’ story. The ideal candidate is creative and detailed; able to switch gears quickly: one moment setting up cameras and microphones and the next conversing about aesthetically superior video images.
Produce weekly video streams of Sunday morning worship services, as well as special worship services, such as Christmas Eve.
Oversee all administrative and related details, such as ensuring all copyright and contractual matters are properly registered and documented and coordinating the schedules for any staff or volunteer videographer assistants.
Produce videos of lectures and other special programs and collaborate with colleagues to conceive, plan, and create video messages to support initiatives and programs of the church, from fundraising to engaging participation in activities to capturing and conveying what Fourth Church is about.
Work with other Communications team members to envision and produce videos for use on social media, in emails, on the website, and for other uses, such as new member classes and fundraising
Maintain existing sound and video equipment. Research and suggest enhancements in order to meet emerging needs to stay updated on innovative technology trends
Sunday and holiday hours required
Other duties as assigned
5 years of post-education experience coordinating and producing videos, bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Film Production or related ideal
Creative thinker, able to conceive and create video messages that capture the essence of Fourth Church and its programs that generate interest and participation and that integrate supportively with other messages, themes, and goals of the church
Reliable self-starter, able to function well in a high-responsibility, low-oversight environment; follow-through and ability to complete projects on time with excellence from start to finish
Excellent people skills, including ability to put church members, volunteers, and staff at ease.
Demonstrated experience in collaborating with others to set goals and achieve results and ability to coordinate the contributions and schedules of volunteers and other video contributors.
Skilled in coaching video subjects and providing constructive feedback and direction
Strong administrative and organizational skills for identifying and tracking copyright and contractual requirements, managing copyright and contractual details, and logging and filing video libraries
Detail-oriented, strong planning, and excellent communication skills, and ability to take direction
Familiarity with church subjects, language, and imagery such as worship preferred but not required
Understanding of and commitment to the values and mission of Fourth Church.
Expert at focusing on both long-term issues and daily, practical issues; adept at effective priority-setting.
Comfort working in a faith-based, multi-cultural, and diverse organization.
Technical skills including:
- Advanced knowledge of sound systems and livestreaming technology.
- Ability to operate/learn Tricaster 455
- General understanding of audio field-recording and sound mixing
- Knowledge of video hosting platforms
- Proficiency in key DSLR/mirrorless/video-camera functions, terms, and techniques; occasional still photography, as required
- Display an artistic eye for video, shooting, editing, etc. with an excellent eye for framing and composition
- Skills in color grading
- Familiarity with stabilization techniques
- Ability to properly light a subject and expose a scene
- Working knowledge of keying (green/blue screen)
- Basic motion-graphic skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Ability to achieve differing styles and effects through editing (e.g. Interview, cinematographic, comedic, dramatic, action/energy
Note: The ideal candidate should have a portfolio displaying strong video and production skills.
Full-time, 40 hours per week. Flexible schedule will include Sundays, occasional evenings and holidays including Easter and Christmas Eve, among others
Please include salary expectations with resume. Position provided with our robust benefits package:
- Medical insurance (church pays 85% of employee monthly premium and 75% of eligible dependents)
- Optional dental and visions insurance plans
- Generous Paid Time Off plus ten holidays
- 403b retirement plan (employer contributions after one year of employment)
- FSA for unreimbursed medical and dependent daycare expenses
- Mass transit and commuter parking benefits
- Life and short-term disability insurances, optional life insurance, and long-term disability plans
Please send cover letters and resumes by Tuesday, December 1, 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Fourth Presbyterian Church and Chicago Lights are committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons, without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status or familial status, veteran status, military status, source of income, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law.