Black lives matter to Chicago Lights.
Response to COVID-19
– New donations are being accepted. Donors can order from any online retailer and have it shipped to ATTN: Chicago Lights Social Service Center, 126 E. Chestnut St., Chicago, IL 60611. We are not accepting any drop-offs of donations for the foreseeable future. Please see the current wish list here.
– The spring session of Farm Corps teens (in partnership with After School Matters) continue to learn virtually about healthy habits, urban agriculture, and farm history.
– Staff are on site two days per week to offer curbside school supply pickup and printed materials for families in need of these resources to complete remote learning school work.
– Classes in ballet, jazz, musical theater, and yoga are on YouTube here.
– All staff members are wearing gloves and masks when providing supplies to Social Service Center guests or Tutoring families or when on site at the Urban Farm. The Farm is closed to any visitors, program participants, and volunteers. Staff among all programs are maintaining six feet of social distance at all times.
– Participants in need of supplies/services are being asked to wait outside the building, six feet apart. Staff members are meeting participants outside, six feet apart, to provide supplies/services.
– Regular sanitizing of tables, supplies, and doors is occurring before, during, and after program operation hours.